■ ability 能力を意味する最も一般的な語で先天的及び後天的な技能あるいは知識
○ have the ability to do sth = be able to do sth = can do sth （can do sth が最も口語的）
○ どの程度の ability ？
( exceptional, outstanding, extraordinary, remarkable, special, excellent, phenomenal, prodigious | unequaled, unparalleled, unsurpassed, peerless, matchless, nonpareil, first-rate, first-class ) ability
⇔ average ability
( informal ) → ( A1, top-notch ) ability
（イーディック）The man's ability to know things is uncanny. It's as if he had second sight.
○ 証明済みの ability
○ どの分野の ability ?
( academic, acting, artistic, athletic, creative, intellectual, linguistic, mathematical, musical, reading, technical | mental, physical ) ability
( have | demonstrate, show | acquire, develop, lack, lose, | appreciate, recognize ) an/the/one’s ability to do sth
○ to the best of your ability
（イーディック）Though I hadn't studied well, I answered the questions to the best of my ability.
○ ( high | limited, low | average, mixed ) ability
teach a mixed-ability class
○ ( assess, test ) an/the/one’s ability to do sth
○ a level of ability
There was a high level of ability among the students.
○ a range of ability / abilities
teach a wide range of abilities